I had the honor and privilege of becoming a Grief Recovery Specialist. It has given me the specific things I needed to navigate the pain and loss in my own life and the tools to assist others that the Lord brings across my path. I am so thankful to those who have opened their hearts and lives to me and given me such a wonderful opportunity of friendship and hope.
Below is a letter expressing my heartfelt thanks to those who have invited me to be a part of their journey.
You have experienced an insurmountable amount of loss in your life—and yet, each day you find a way to rise above it and even encourage others.
I am so very proud of you.
- You are real with your emotions. You don’t hide them, but instead give voice to what you feel with those you trust. Thank you for trusting me.
- You are unwilling to isolate and grief alone. Instead, you encourage others to join you in your grief—even when they can’t possibly understand. I am grateful to you for sharing broken heart with me.
- Forgive me when I say something I shouldn’t.
- Thank you for allowing me to sit with you in silence—a silence that is neither awkward nor uncomfortable. You let me be me; and I let you be you.
- You inspire me as I watch you navigate these difficult journeys. I love you and want to walk with you the rest of the way.
They are blessed who grieve, for God will comfort them.
Matthew 5:4 NCV